Thursday, February 28, 2013

living in spain: seeing the doctor

do you have patience? if not, you better don't get sick or have any health issues in spain. well, i'm lucky that i'm an european citizen, but the receptionist told me that i needed a "tarjeta sanitaria" which i didn't have. i wasn't able to get a job. also i'm leaving in one week. anyway, after 10 minutes discussing with the receptionist about last names. it's clearly important which last name i had been given from my father and my mother. in fact is a funny thing, i know that i have only been given my last names of my father. i don't have any names from my mother at all. and clearly the receptionist didn't understand so instead she asked me for an explanation. almost after 45 minutes at the receptionist she managed  to give me a paper with the time i could go to see a doctor. so i went to the doctor later that day. i honestly expect that a doctor should be welcoming or at least show some confidence. but in spain apparently nothing seems to be like that. and the doctor was no exception. it wasn't even the worse. she ordered two types of medication, which i think was foolish. especially when one was pills and the other a lotion. not really difficult for me to choose. and when i ran downtown to the pharmacy the lady told me that the pills were at the awesome price of 50 euros. clearly i didn't have any money for that so i bought the lotion at the price of 7 euros. again. not difficult to choose. and the diagnosis? well it was what i feared. herpes zoster. (not that type of herpes). i have had this once when i was younger. and i swear i could scratch forever. until i almost started crying because it hurts. and now almost two weeks later. i have got cystitis or more known as a urinary bladder inflammation. i'm like... this is not happening right now. normally i'm not sick more than once or twice during a year. but lately my health is declining. but honestly i would really avoid to go to a doctor while traveling or living abroad.



have you ever had any haelth issues while traveling? 

No comments:

Post a Comment