Wednesday, February 20, 2013

peru part 2

so, after those ten hours in a smelly bus from lima we finally reached our destination, trujillo. i thought things would get a bit better. but no. i'm not that kind of person who takes a shower in cold water. or share a one-man's bed. i like my personal space when i'm sleeping. and also when it comes to the toilet. or rather especially  when it comes to that. the room we borrowed from a former neighbour of my boyfriend's family hadn't put a door to the room's toilet.

we slept one week with one pillow in a small bed. showered in cold water. the weather is warm, they said. but not really, after my opinion. but guess what? things didn't stop here either. well, my "dearest" mother-in-law was not very dear on that trip. i do thank her for the beautiful dress she bought me for the wedding of my sister-in-law.

this week i tried food i've never imagined that i ever would eat. like never. ever. have you ever tried to eat a hamster? no? you should try it. it's very typical for latinamerica. more typical for peru is the dish "ceviche". fish and onions. in a way you've never imagined. we spent some time with my sister-in-law's french, fine family. the moment when i find out the brother of my sister-in-law's husband has been starring at my breasts the whole time.
 but nice people. they've only confirmed my theory about french people speaking english. i don't know if it's just me who have some prejudices about french people?

anyway. the wedding day arrived. people stressed around like chickens losing their head. i was tired and constantly hungry. and that means bad mood. i discussed all morning with my mother-in-law about how to do my hair. so we finally made a decision to go to a hair salon. to my regret. i would rather have been going to the wedding with a homemade ponytail than to experience what happened in that hair salon. i swear i could have died of embarrassment that afternoon. like my heart was pumping like it wanted to get out of my chest.
i was right. it took them about an hour and a half to make me an updo. my mother-in-law claimed that it would take no more than 20 minutes. then the bride calls her mother (my mother-in-law) and says that the groom has gone. where she doesn't know. she said something like, he had felt sick in the morning. of course. just take a sleeping pill. and forget about the world. the bride thinks he is still at the hotel. what to do? the brides asks for her brother (my boyfriend). but he is not able to go to look for the groom. he is somewhere, in a bar with a friend. having a beer. so of course my mother-in-law sends me. just a young, white, european girl, who is in latinamerica for the first time. after a bit screaming in the hair salon, she said to a young, unknown dude that he had to go with me. in a taxi. you know, it can be pretty dangerous with a taxi-adventure. and i was so embaressed. i could die. so after laughing a bit about how stupid, and thoughtless my mother-in-law is, i found out that the dude didn't even know that well trujillo.
 the worse thing? the groom had left the hotel when i came. i was angry and embaressed. i didn't know what to do with myself, and found it hard to gather my thoughts. and when i came back, my mother-in-law went just after 5 minutes. i went back alone. or rather ran. i must comment that i was herassed on the way.

so. i arrived home to where we were staying. and then my anger just bursted out. screaming and crying. i feel a bit bad of what my boyfriend must have been going through with me. haha. the rest of the night and the next couple of days i did not even speak with my mother-in-law

related post(s):
peru part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment